If you thought the only thing you could do on your smartphone was make calls, you were wrong. Smartphones are becoming a device that lets you do it all, from making calls and surfing the Internet to paying for items at the store and watching TV on the go.
Being able to watch TV on your mobile phone is a relatively new idea. There are definitely advantages and disadvantages to offering this service, but overall it seems to be a good thing.
- You can watch TV at any time, anywhere on Motorola Android phones and other smartphones. This means you never have to miss a show because you are basically carrying a TV in your purse or pocket.
Image via Wikipedia
- You have subscriptions to some channels you can’t get at home. For instance, some service providers allow you to watch channels like ESPN for free. You’ll need to check with your service provider for specifics.
- Parents can keep kids entertained when away from home. There are children’s shows on your mobile phone constantly.
- Sports fans never have to miss a game when they are not at home. Some cell phones even let you watch in real time.
- Watching TV on your cell phone uses a lot of data, so you shouldn’t do it unless you have an unlimited plan.
- It also drains the battery power, so be cautious if you won’t be able to charge soon.
- The small screen makes the viewing experience less enjoyable.
Being able to watch TV on your mobile phone is pretty cool. Think about the advantages and disadvantages before you start.